Ready for pure fandemonium across from T-Mobile Park? The Mariners’ new restaurant Hatback Bar & Grille and taproom Steelheads Alley will open next Tues., Aug. 23. And the team is swinging for the fences.
We recently toured the renovated former Pyramid Brewing site to see how things were shaping up — pretty spiffy, so far. Here’s what to look forward to:
- Pub fare like Beecher’s cheese curds, smoked seafood dip + four different kinds of pizza
- Special beers from Métier Brewing made onsite, with popular brews like MBC Pale Ale + the Black Stripe Porter on tap
- A large mural at Steelheads which honors the 1946 Seattle Negro League baseball team of the same name and other local baseball + softball history
- A beer garden with rotating food options, open for all games at Lumen Field in addition to T-Mobile Park
- A 9,500 flexible event space opening in spring 2023 — booking starts later this year
Break in the new venue next Tuesday for the grand opening celebration with food trailers + beer o’ plenty as the M’s host the Washington Nationals. Pro tip: Turn that cap around in keeping with the theme, since Hatback was named after Mariners icon Ken Griffey Jr.