There’s no dodging Cupid’s arrow — Valentine’s Day is here. Whether you’re celebrating your friendships or sugaring up your sweetheart, we’ve got last-minute Valentine’s Day ideas that will have you loving love.
🌵 Get fantastical with botanicals
If you’re quick, you might have your pick of bouquets using Floom, an online marketplace that partners with florists that deliver locally.
Or, get creative and nab a potted plant from these plant spots. Nothing says forever like a hardy succulent.
- Swanson’s Nursery, 9701 15th Ave. NW, Seattle
- West Seattle Nursery, 5275 California Ave. SW, Seattle
- Urban Feed and Garden, 4878 S. Beacon Ave., Seattle
🥂 Keep spirits up
If you didn’t score reservations, don’t overthink… grab a drink. The following spots have weekday happy hours:
- Octopus Bar | Daily, 4-6 p.m. | With $5 drafts at this Wallingford sea shanty-like dive, you’ll get the most bang for your buck with Silver City’s Ride the Spiral, a hop bomb that’s usually $9.
- Rouge Cocktail Lounge | Mon.-Fri., 4-6 p.m. | Cocktail classics feel shiny and new again when you get a good deal — treat yourself with an old fashioned and a little olive snack.
For more options, check out our happy hour guide.
🌟 Go stargazing
It doesn’t get much more idyllic than bundling up and looking at the stars. Grab some blankets (and maybe a hot drink) and head to one of these spots to take in the sky.
- Alki Beach | West Seattle (but face the Olympics instead of downtown)
- Fremont Peak Park | Upper Fremont
- Battle Point Park | Bainbridge Island