Well, it was fun while it lasted. After being chill for nearly three years, Seattle Municipal Court is going to start collecting late fees on traffic and parking tickets again. According to the Deputy Court Administrator, there are ~350,000 tickets in the city that might be late.
Look, we know you would never. But just in case “a friend” has procrastinated on paying up, be mindful of some necessary info:
- The late fees will resume Monday, Jan 30.
- Penalties can range from $25-$52.
- Violators can search for unpaid tickets on the Municipal Court website — and find lost tickets, too.
- The court accepts online payments.
- There’s a monthly payment plan and community service option if those violations really added up.
- It’s not too late to dispute a ticket via phone or mail.
You may also wanna brush up on those free parking days. Again, for a friend.