Jump for joysticks — PAX West is ready to play again. The final boss-sized expo at Seattle Convention Center will celebrate video + tabletop gaming culture with demos, panels, tournaments, and colorful cosplay throughout Labor Day weekend. Passes start at $71.
But in case you’re feeling overwhelmed with all the options, here are some top events to get your head in the game.
- The Kingdom Hearts Story Isn’t Convoluted You Just Weren’t Paying Attention | Friday, Sept. 1 | 5-6 p.m. | This popular RPG that features a sometimes strange mix of Disney characters and brand new faces has a storyline that is a bit... complex. This panel is confident they can explain it all to you.
- Giant Bomb: “The Voicemail Dump Truck” Rolls into PAX West | Saturday, Sept. 2 | 5-6 p.m. | In this podcast, every day people call in and leave voicemails with their hot takes or pieces of advice for the hosts to ruminate on. Enjoy a live taping of the show.
- Paired Play: Games to Play With Your Partner | Sunday, Sept. 3 | 11 a.m.-12 p.m. | Tired of replaying the same titles together? This panel has a long list of recommendations.
- Design a Board Game Live | Sunday, Sept. 3 | 12:30-1:30 p.m. | Yep — whatever you and the audience decide on together will be available for purchase once development is finished. You can stay part of the process after the convention through a series of streamed interactive sessions.
- The Lavender Cat Walk: A Queer Cosplay Runway | Sunday, Sept. 3 | 8:30-9:30 p.m. | Show off that amazing costume you’ve been working so hard on.