Time to get back into gear, 12s — tonight is the Seahawks’ first regular season home game (and what a doozy).
At 5:15 p.m. at Lumen Field, Seattle kick off against the Denver Broncos — ya know, that team Russell Wilson is on now. So not only will we bite our nails wondering how tonight might set the tone, but it’s also kinda like running into your ex of nine years a couple months after your break-up. You’re gonna want to look your best.
Here are a few new things coming to Lumen Field this season that you can focus on if the pressure’s just too much.
The glitz + the glam
- Interactive videoboards that allow fans to put themselves up on the big screen with just a QR code + their mobile phone
- Augmented reality photo ops, where fans can appear in pictures with their favorite players
- New jumbotrons — double the size of the ones from last season
- A brand new team tunnel featuring LED lights on the outside + immersive reality lighting on the inside
The new noshes
- A hot dog cannon — called the Bratzooka (nice) — that will fire neatly-wrapped brats into the lower levels of the bowl
- Cocktails like berry vodka lemonades, spicy margaritas + the Cherry Basil Smash
- Amazon’s “Just Walk Out” technology in section 323’s District Market — the first in an NFL stadium
- Concessions like a foot-long pork bulgogi hot dog, Mangosteen‘s chicken teriyaki, Feed the People vegan nachos, and Manu’s Tacos chicken tinga tacos