Get ready, foodies — the list of 2023 James Beard award semifinalists is here. With plenty of local names on the list, we’re pretty pumped up with pride.
Finalists will be announced Wednesday, March 29 and we’ll know who won the prestigious culinary awards on Monday, June 5 — so stay tuned.
Here are Seattle’s national nominations:
- Outstanding Restaurateur | Yenvy and Quynh Pham of Phở Bắc Sup Shop, Phởcific Standard Time, and The Boat
- Outstanding Chef | Renee Erickson of The Walrus and the Carpenter
- Outstanding Restaurant | Copine
- Emerging Chef | Kevin Smith of Beast & Cleaver
- Outstanding Hospitality | Lark
- Outstanding Bar | Rob Roy
And Seattle’s regional nominations:
- Best Chef: Northwest and Pacific | Melissa Miranda of Musang
- Best Chef: Northwest and Pacific | David Nichols of Eight Row
- Best Chef: Northwest and Pacific | Aaron Verzosa of Archipelago
- Best Chef: Northwest and Pacific | Mutsuko Soma, Kamonegi