It’s time for you to arise, Seattle creeps and crawlies, and celebrate the most haunting day of the year (apart from the day we get that first 4 p.m. sunset).
Here’s where you can get to boo-gying this weekend before Halloween.
Petrifying parties 🎉
Go big or go back to the grave.
- Ghostly Gala | Sat., Oct. 29 | 6-10 p.m. | Hotel Sorrento, 900 Madison St. | $95 | Wiggle with the best of ‘em in the hotel’s Top of the Town Ballroom — includes drinks, bites, and photos.
- Halloween Bar Crawl | Sat., Oct. 29 | 4 p.m.-12 a.m. | STAGE Seattle, 172 S. Washington St. | $10+ | Tickets include three drinks, waived cover at all participating venues, and a chance at the $1,000 costume contest grand prize.
Haunted happenings 👹
Having spooky fun doesn’t need to mean Monster Mashing the night away. Here are some less energy-consuming options.
- Nightmare on Wall Street | Navy Strength | 2505 2nd Ave #102 | Free | The entire tropical bar appears to have become haunted with undead bartenders, frightening decorations, and drinks like “Green Zombie” (with rum and Cobrafire).
- Spirit Parlor | Sun., Oct. 31 | 7 + 9:30 p.m. | Cafe Nordo, 109 S. Main St. | $48 | Dinner theater takes a spine-tingling turn at this interactive performance.
Or let one of the local haunted houses beckon you forth.
Family frights 👻
Our thoughts are with you as your kiddos inevitably will be bouncing off the walls for the next two weeks.
- Hilloween | Sat., Oct. 29 | 1-6 p.m. | AIDS Memorial Pathway Plaza, Capitol Hill | Free | Face painting, a pet costume contest, and a Drag Queen Spooky Storytime will kick off the kid’s carnival before trick or treating on Broadway starts at 4 p.m.
- T’Challaween | Sat., Oct. 29 | 1-4 p.m. | Starts at intersection of S. College St. and 18th Ave. S. | Free | The socially-distanced costume parade uses “candy delivery devices” to give your young goblins their long-awaited Halloween sugar rush — masks required.