Hope you have saved your appetite because the Washington State Fair is starting up Labor Day weekend — and it’ll be a smorgasbord as usual.
Sure there are rides, games, and concerts to check out, but our eyes always wander to the food vendors.
Whether it’s meat on a stick or fried deliciousness on a plate, we’ve listed some of the fairest fare of them all.
- Fisher scones | Multiple locations | The longtime favorite always jams out.
- Elephant ears | Midway Boulevard | Duris’s fried goodies could feed a small army.
- Hattie Mae’s Southern Delights | Mattress Firm ShoPlex | Two words: alligator kebabs.
- Raspados del Sur | Blue Gate Plaza | If a mangonada and a fruit bowl mutated, it might look like this.
- Taco Daddy Nacho Mama | Grand Avenue | Get the “walking tacos” served in a Doritos bag.
The fair runs until Sunday, Sept. 24, which should give you plenty of time to walk off those snacks.