Unless you love bonding over a cul-de-sac cleanup, it’s nice to let someone else handle the Independence Day spectacle. Plus, local orgs are pros at showing off some incredible displays.
Consider us your one-stop firework shop. Read on for public firework displays and events — and if your pup is sensitive to sound, we’ve got some spots for you, too.
Ways to celebrate on Mon., July 4
- Seafair Summer Fourth | Gas Works Park + Lake Union Park | 3-11 p.m. | Rated as one of the best Fourth of July shows in the PNW, this fully choreographed fireworks presentation is accompanied by a musical score + activities throughout the day.
- 37th Annual Naturalization Ceremony | 11 a.m.-1 p.m. | Fisher Pavilion, Seattle Center | Hundreds of individuals from different countries will become American citizens in one of the nation’s largest naturalization events.
- Grand Old 4th of July | Downtown Winslow + Waterfront Park, Bainbridge Island | 7 a.m.-5 p.m. | Keeping the tradition alive, Bainbridge Island will host its Pancake Breakfast, BYS Fun Run, a beer and wine garden, live music, and the Hometown Parade.
- Bellevue Family 4th | Bellevue Downtown Park | 5-10:30 p.m. | This firework presentation is synchronized with a live performance by the Bellevue Youth Symphony Orchestra.
- Fourth of July Splash | Lake Meridian Park, 14800 SE 272nd St., Kent. | 12-5 p.m. | While there are no fireworks allowed in Kent, you can spend the afternoon playing games, enjoying family activities, art projects + live performances. Free shuttles will run between Fire Station 75 and Kentwood High School from 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Because of the risk of wildfires, private fireworks are illegal in Seattle, and as of this year, all of King County as well. To help folks ease into the change, violations will result in a warning for this first year + a misdemeanor next year. The new ban also includes sparklers and smoke bombs.
Celebrate some peace + quiet
Before you spend the night trying to lure your four-legged friend out from under the bed, you may want to get as far from the commotion as possible.