The weather is wreaking quite a bit of havoc. Flooding has been reported or is imminent from 16 nearby rivers and landslides are occurring in the region, including one on the popular Burke-Gilman Trail.
Here are some resources for what to do in an emergency.
- 8.4% of the city’s surface is prone to landslides — the City of Seattle has a list of common warning signs and steps to take if you notice them.
- Seattle Public Utilities can assist with urban flooding issues and sewer back-ups.
- Brush up on flood safety tips.
- Sign up for local emergency alerts with AlertSeattle.
- Check out how to protect your home from future flooding.