It’s officially college move-in season, and we want to say “Welcome to Emerald City” to our new arrivals at UW, Seattle University, Seattle Pacific, Seattle Central College — and anyone else starting a new educational chapter in the city.
We understand that starting school is a lot of change. Our ultimate City Guide can help students out in their first few weeks — and give visitors a cool cram session. Soon, you’ll all be navigating the Emerald City like a pro.
🏠 Getting settled
- Unwritten rules of Seattle | If you’re moving in from out of town, here’s how to quickly blend in with the local population.
- Seattleite 101 | Looking to register to vote, learn more about local history, or sign up for a Seattle Public Library card? This is a good place to start.
☕ Caffeine + snack breaks
- Seattle coffee shops | Luckily for last-minute crammers, coffee is kinda our thing.
- Lunches for $15 or less | We know you’re on a budget, so check out these places for a low-cost meal when cafeteria food just isn’t hitting it.
- Our favorite restaurants | Or here are some really good recs for when the ‘rents come to visit.
🎶 Let loose
- Local music venues | Need to shake off those pre-exam jitters? Catch a show.
- 25 glorious parks to enjoy | Fresh air and exercise can be excellent de-stressors.
- Late-night activities | A bar isn’t the only place you can have a little fun late in the evening — check out these other spots that won’t require you to fork over an ID.
Students — we hope your next four years are wonderful + you come to love Seattle as much as we do. Faithful readers — help us welcome the new arrivals by sharing this article with a friend.